Welcome to the Jacoby & Meyers website, please upgrade your Flash Plugin and enable JavaScript.

Paint Containing Lead

Before lead was banned for use in paint in 1978, most household paints contained some amount of lead. Used as an additive to enhance color and increase durability, lead is a highly toxic substance that is especially harmful to small children.

Lead-based paint can enter the body such as through direct ingestion (when a child puts chips of flaking paint in his or her mouth) or through airborne particles from deteriorating lead-based paint.

Lead Paint Poisoning Symptoms

Even relatively small amounts of lead can cause serious and sometimes permanent problems, especially in children age six and under. Some of the symptoms of lead-based paint poisoning include:

  • Nausea
  • Stomach pain
  • Sleeplessness
  • Irritability
  • Headache
  • Seizures
  • Metallic taste in the mouth
  • Coma

If you suspect you or your child has suffered from lead-based paint poisoning, see your doctor immediately. If left untreated, lead poisoning can cause permanent damage. Small children and pregnant women are especially vulnerable, as fetuses can sustain serious damage from lead poisoning.

How to Get Help Today

The attorneys at Jacoby & Meyers can help you receive compensation for your damages if you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to lead paint. We have handled many defective product cases, and we have the skills to provide you with the high quality representation you deserve.

Please contact our defective product lawyers today to schedule your free initial consultation. Jacoby & Meyers has offices nationwide.