Although plane crashes and fatalities are statistically rare, they do occur and when they do, there are usually serious injuries. It is very important that you understand your rights if you have been involved in an aviation accident. The attorneys at Jacoby & Meyers are here assist you with your claim and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Plane Crash Investigation
If an aviation accident happens, a strict investigation will take place, not only by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), but also by an attorney if there is a potential claim from the victims. If there is evidence of negligence by either the manufacturer or the airline, they will be held responsible.
An aviation accident lawsuit will serve two purposes:
- Plane crash victims deserve fair compensation for their ordeal, including physical injuries and emotional distress.
- If there is negligence attributable to the airline or manufacturer, it will prevent these same types of accidents from happening in the future.
Common Causes of Aircraft Accidents
The most common reasons for aviation accidents are:
- Manufacturer design defects – Each piece of equipment that makes up an airplane should be thoroughly tested to ensure that it can withstand the air pressure changes, wind, and other stresses caused by takeoff and landing.
- Human error – Simple mistakes by the pilots, staff or air traffic control can cause a serious malfunction or crash of the plane. Examples range from the cockpit crew accidentally hitting the wrong button or lever or air traffic control failing to monitor the air space properly.
- Maintenance mistakes – In order to cut costs, much of the aviation industry has begun to outsource inspections and maintenance. Often, only the minimum legal requirements are met, leading to the harm of their passengers.
- Runway obstacles – Birds are one of the most common problems on airport runways, and they can cause serious equipment problems if they are encountered during takeoff or landing.
- Inclement weather – Rain, snow, sleet, ice, and wind can all have serious effects on the plane and its overall stability and safety.
Experienced Aviation Accident Representation
The aviation accident attorneys at Jacoby & Meyers are committed to ensuring that your rights are protected and you receive the compensation you deserve. We are a large national law firm, and we possess the resources necessary to take on the high powered legal teams employed by the airline. If you or a loved one has been injured in an airline accident, we can help you hold the negligent parties responsible.
Please contact our aviation accident attorneys today to schedule your free initial consultation. Jacoby & Meyers has offices nationwide, including Southern California, New York, Alabama, Florida, and Arizona.